Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Veteran's Day.

Happy Veteran's Day. 
I just want to say thank you to all that have served, are serving, or even getting ready to think about serving. Also a huge thank you to the military families. 

I wanted to take today to honor instead of write about my weekend...

I have a few very SPECIAL people in my life who served and are serving this country.


 

1. My pop-e. My pop-e served in WWII. He even has a jacket that has bullet holes going through, and the scary part. He was wearing it when it happened. He served the South Pacific and Japan. My grandma and him were married when he came back... He even remembers the song playing on the ship as he was coming into Seattle. (shown below) I don't have any pictures of him in his military gear on my computer, but will have some soon! 

Thank you pop-e. I love you.

 
 
 
2. My dad (step). He was in the army when he went to college. He served for serveral years, and was almost deployed to Desert Storm (Gulf War). It ended right before he was deployed. He continued to serve until his service was up. Once again I sadly don't have a picture of him in his military gear.
 
Thank you pops. Love you.
 
 
 
3. My one and only, one of the best friends a girl could ask for. My gemini soulmate. Casey.
She has served for the Army all through college and currently still is serving. She is basically a bad ass. She is my sweets and I am constantly proud of her! love you g.g.e.g.
 
 
Thank you all. This video always makes me cry, but at the same time so happy for them.
 
 
xxoo
 

2 comments: