Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Confessional (Very Lucky Day)

Happy Friday to all! I am linking up for Friday Confessional. :)


I confess that exactly one year ago today, I was in an extremely bad car wreck. It was flooding really bad around here last year (it is again this year) but I was in a wedding in Nebraska. Well the drive was about 8 hours, so I decided after I got off work I would drive 4 hours to my mom's, and then get up in the morning and drive the rest of the way. I kept having a bad feeling and even told Scott I did, but he told me everything was ok. Well it was about 9:30 at night and I was only 8 miles from my mom's town. I was going only about 45 mph because the speed limit was 55 and it was raining. Well I came over the top of a hill and saw that the canal had over flown and was about a foot deep across the road. I had no time to hit my break. I knew then it was going to be bad. I hydroplaned, and when my car hit the dry pavement it flipped my car 5 times before stopping. I was conscious during the entire thing, and as soon as my car hydroplaned I let go of the wheel and covered my head because I looked up and saw my sunroof coming at me. I kicked myself out of the car. I somehow found my phone in the field, and called my parents. I went into shock after that. I walked away with only glass in my head and hands, and some bad bruising. I was told that I shouldn't even be alive, so to walk away unharmed is a miracle. I know someone upstairs was looking out for me. I confess I am so THANKFUL to be alive. Here is my wreck pictures below. I have never posted them before, so this is a first. 




 I confess that I wish could just sleep this entire day and didn't have to work all weekend, but I am thankful for the summer job.

I confess that I am so glad I found the blogging world! Some of you ladies are becoming friends and I am so glad I am getting to know you better not through just blogging, but also emails! Its a great world and love it!

I confess that I am constantly worrying that people are mad at me. I always am worried about making someone upset, and that people don't like me! I am trying not to be so worried, but struggling with it! 

I confess I am having bittersweet feelings about my birthday next Friday. I turn 25 and not going to lie at times my life isn't exactly where I thought it would be at 25. 



I confess that I am the happiest in my relationship that I have ever been! I am one lucky girl. 



Happy Friday 

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is scary and amazing. Lucky girl you are! Enjoy today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing story - so glad you are ok!

    I took had difficulty with turning 25, happy to say that when 26 came around this year it was a breeze!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is SO good! Things like your story remind me every day :)

    I know what you mean. I'm nowhere near where I thought I'd be at this stage in my life. I wish I could go back and make a lot of decisions differently sometimes. We'll get there!

    Hope you have an amazing weekend! Loved your email today!!

    ReplyDelete